Happy-go-lucky


DSC06225


“And before I knew it, I had hit ‘Send’.”

Her face went pale hearing that and she covered her mouth with one hand as if to suppress her involuntary scream forcefully, “Are you an idiot? How many times have I told you to think before you doing anything – you moron? Do you realize what you did?”

“Err! I wasn’t thinking.”

“Of course you weren’t thinking sweetheart. How many times have I told you that while you are sitting behind that desk, then don’t think of yourself aren’t my lover – you are just another jackass employee of this conglomerate.”

“Probably, just couldn’t control my emotions.”

“And why was that?”

“I was thinking about you bringing me coffee that afternoon wearing only my shirt on, because…”

“Hush! You men can’t control your damn libido for a second, can you?”

“It was you who flooded my mind, whenever I tried to close my eyes, promised not to think about it and work, the more it came back to my mind and took me over completely.”

“What came back to your mind?”

“How amazing it feels to hold you in my arms, how hopeless romantic it makes me, how you almost melt from my touch – “

“S-H-U-T U-P (almost hissed) – still there are people around.”

“..(looks down)…you still love me, do you?”

“..(Shrugs)…of course I do, you dumbo but you scared the shit out of me. You know, someone else might have read that message. I leave my phone at my desk unattended at all the time.”

“I knew but it seemed to be the right thing to do at that time.”

“Do what?”

“To let you know how I felt for you exactly that same moment.”

“What did you exactly write on that SMS?”

“The silhouettes of your form on the wall, is always on my mind. Even when we are apart, we can be one in my mind.”

“Touche!”

“What you don’t like it?”

“Showing your poetic features to woo me, were you?”

"..(Nods and gives an exuberant smile)..”

“What will I do with you - you are such a hopeless baby at times? Haven’t you learnt anything from today’s incident? Don’t you realize you could have lost your job or even worst faced a potential sexual harassment case?”

“But I didn’t – did I?”

“Yeah, that is the part that kind of bugs me, what happened next?”

“She called me into her private room and explained.”

“She explained to you or you to her?”

“She did to me -”

“It just beats me as to why a completely ludicrous boss wouldn’t fire at her subordinate who sent her a message with avid sexual innuendo – clearly not her signature, her things really….because women know women. Sure you were day dreaming?”

“Far from that – I could barely stand in front of her as my knees were trembling, I had realized that I sent the message to Himadri instead of Himali.”

“But why did she think you were referring to her and it was not mistaken?”

“Because she knows that many walk up to the ninth floor via stairs after her on Fridays when she turns to liberated casuals. She thought I am one of those who secretly admire her form.”

“Pathetic. So what is that she explained?”

“That in spite of her being deliberately bad and unreasonable to me at times to get the work done, she was happy that I had feelings for her. It motivated her as a leader but because she is committed to a loving husband, she couldn’t reciprocate my feelings and wanted this to be secret.”

“Huh! Loving husband my foot - I bet she keeps him on a leash.”

“I don’t know baby, but you still love me, don’t you?”

“Of course I love you sweetu, what would I do without your lucky charm?”


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda. Note that this is purely a work of fiction.

Image: Sketch with charcoal by myself



16 comments:

Mridula said...

Modern day love story! :D

Destination Infinity said...

We all love to assume things about others and ourselves, don't we? :P

Destination Infinity

preethi said...

Wow...you are an artist too? That's great. Nice post :)

Mon.Esprit said...

Hey Mridula, I can not tell you how happy I am to see you visit my blog. Yes, very modern :)

Mon.Esprit said...

He he, yes, I just try. Thanks. I am glad that you like it.

Mon.Esprit said...

Oh! yes, in more than one ways...

Anonymous said...

This was such a nice story, corporate love and politics interplaying with each other...

Namrata said...

Damn! A simple and silly mistake could seriously get him behind bars...he should be careful from next time!

Mon.Esprit said...

He he, yes, I'd love if it ended like this, but reality is something difficult and fiction gives us a lot of liberty.

Mon.Esprit said...

Oh yes, I don't doubt that - but I wanted to end this on a different tone.

Unknown said...

Wow a great escape. What if the boss had agreed?

Very well thought of. A good read

Mon.Esprit said...

He he, thanks. If the boss agreed, it would be a bigger problem then, won't it? I just thought of blending in all the possibilities.

C Suresh said...

THAT was what I thought was going to happen, Abhra :) That he ditches his girl for the boss :)

Mon.Esprit said...

He he, we have endless possibilities in our mind, don't we? I'd perhaps write the other side of the story some time.

Ankur Anand said...

artistically written :)) nice

Mon.Esprit said...

Thanks Ankur. I am glad you like it.

Post a Comment

I'll bow before your verdict, so please leave your thoughts whether you like my writing or not. Add your URL if you wish me to connect to you.

 
;